Deb Tart of SearchOracle.com has just published a list of great free (and inexpensive) Oracle products:
One really great Oracle tool is WISE for Oracle, by Alexey Danchenkov.
For a free Oracle tuning tool, see www.statspackanalyzer.com, a great tool where you just paste-in a statspack report for expert tuning analysis.Here is SearchOracle’s list of DBA freeware tools:
· Adept: Automatically back up most Oracle databases to local storage.
· ADO Explorer: Connects to any database using ADO and allows you to explore database structure, design scripts and SQL queries, and more.
· Advanced Query Tool: A fast database query utility and administration toolset that works with any ODBC database.
· AllDb: Implement any ADO.NET-supported database using a single set of source code.
· ASP.NET Maker: Create a full set of ASP.NET programs from your data source.
· Data Loader: Load data directly into an Oracle database.
· Database Genius: Create and execute SQL queries, format the results to create reports, and export to HTML, TXT, and other file formats.
· Database Tour: Manage your database with a variety of functions, including viewing, editing, printing, and creating reports.
· DataXplorer: Browse, edit, and print your database data.
· DBAny 1.0: Manage your database data with one client program rather than many.
· DBAToolZ: FusionCode (a monitoring solution) and SQL Directory (a script management utility).
· DBComp: A database comparison and merge application.
· Database Browser Plus: Updates Web pages with current local database data, exports Word tables to database tables, and more.
· DBQwikEdit Pro: Connects to any database to edit, move, and export data, generate web pages, create SQL, and more.
· DBUptime: Monitor up to four databases simultaneously with this graphical ODBC tool. Receive alert and recovery notices via e-mail.
· dbXpert for Oracle: Development and administration tool that includes a SQL workspace, object and data browsers, PL/SQL debugger, and more.
· DTM Data Generator: A customizable, utility that generates data for database testing purposes.
· DTM Tools: Multipurpose database tools, including SQL editor, schema reporter, data generator, data editor, stress tester, and more.
· FastOra: View, compare, modify, and save snapshots of Oracle database structures.
· Forms Tool Kit: Search and edit your Oracle forms application.
· GALtoDB 2.0: Copies information from a Microsoft Exchange Server Global Address List (GAL) to a database.
· GeniusConnect: Synchronize your Microsoft Outlook contact data with any relational database.
· Granger Unload: A Windows Oracle GUI unloader that can submit unload jobs to background. It can handle Oracle LONGs,LONG RAWs, CLOBs and BLOBs.
· GUDU Oracle utilities: EasyScript, EasyDump, EasySQLChecker, Oracle Session Manager, and EasyDBV.
· Javvin Easy Service Monitor: Keep an eye on your network devices and services, including database servers.
· JFin: Status monitor for Oracle Financials
· Material Dreams Oracle utilities: Shared Pool Profiler, Table Exporter, Session Manager, PL/SQL Trace, and Password Changer.
· ISMAM: Manage your files from any computer that is connected to the Net.
· Oracle Security Check: Test your user names and passwords.
· Oracle Session Manager: This tool monitors how connected sessions use database instance resources in real time.
· OraSnap: A collection of Oracle performance scripts with Web-based output.
· RRDORA: A set of UNIX shell scripts for Oracle.
· RepTool" Light: Generate reports from any type of database.
· ReportXpert: Acquire different reports for Oracle database performance and statistics.
· SafetyNet Lite for Oracle: Back up and export your database on a regular basis.
· Schema graphical editor: A Web-oriented application for editing and analyzing database schemas.
· SchemaSurf: A browser-based tool for querying your Oracle database schemas.
· Schemester: Database modeling tool for Oracle: create logical entity relationship diagrams and generate DDL scripts.
· Statspack Viewer: GUI that helps you visualize Oracle's STATSPACK utility output.
· SwisSQL: Helps you migrate Oracle PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions and Triggers to Microsoft SQL Server Transact-SQL.
· The DDL Extract Wizard: Reads an Oracle export file and displays the DDL code.
· Universal Table Browser: GUI query tool that gives you access to your database using ODBC connections.
· Visual Importer: A business intelligence tool that provides an integrated solution for designing and deploying data warehouses and data marts.
· VROOM: Cross-platform GUI performance monitor for Oracle databases.